Tenneco – Brunswick
Tenneco is looking for a General Laborer that will be responsible for assembling and packing product containers, provide support with visual inspection duties, and manual assembly responsibilities. This position is temporary/contract opening for a short-term project.
The following describes the job responsibilities and required skills:
- Work toward expected production levels for each operation.
- Report defective materials to Inspector or Production Coordinator.
- Safely operate required material handling equipment.
- Understand and follow all standard operating procedures concerning safety, quality, packaging, labeling, material handling equipment, etc.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety rules.
- Examine completed work pieces for defects, such as concentricity, chipped edges or marred surfaces; sort and record defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Move containers of completed parts to designated storage area and move containers of material scrap to recycling area.
- Observe all safety requirements associated with stamping press and work area.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, work instructions, procedures, etc.
- Be able to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Experience working as a member in a team-oriented environment preferred.
- Detail oriented and pay close attention to accuracy.
- Ability to frequently lift 25 pounds.
- Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Able and willing to work around oils, moving equipment, and electrical power.
- Able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment where dust, noise, odors are typical.
Manufacturing preferred but not required.
SAP working knowledge preferred but not required.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Monday – Friday
Full-Time / 1st shift
Hourly Rate: $16.00
Location: Brunswick, OH