Medina County Health Department – Medina
Posted Date: August 2, 2021 Posting Close Date: August 16, 2021
Position: Health Promotion and Planning Supervisor
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Full time
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Medina County Health Department, a nationally accredited health department, has a full-time opening for a Health Promotion and Planning Supervisor. This position oversees multiple grants and programs in tobacco prevention, overdose prevention, public information, social media, marketing, and community outreach.
General Qualifications (including but not limited to):
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health or Community Health, or related field and at least three years of professional experience in public health. Previous experience as a supervisor preferred. CHES/MCHES preferred.
Position is responsible for supervising a multidisciplinary staff. Performs duties related to supervising the daily administration of health promotion programs. Program and grant management duties to include developing program budgets, monitoring and controlling expenditures, and ensuring grant deliverables are met.
Utilize data and prepare reports regarding program activities in community health education, epidemiology, emergency preparedness, and community outreach. Implement agency marketing plan. Maintain agency website and oversee social media sites. Work with media and lead public information activities.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Certificates in National Incident Management System (NIMS), including Incident Command System (ICS) certificates for 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800 which may be completed upon hire.
Essential Functions of the Position include but are not limited to:
- Contributes to assessments of community health status and factor influencing health in a community (e.g., quality, availability, accessibility, and use of health services; access to affordable housing).
- Gathers information for evaluating policies, programs, and services (e.g., outputs, outcomes, processes, procedures, and return on investment).
- Suggests approaches for disseminating public health data and information (e.g., social media, newspapers, newsletters, journals, town hall meetings, libraries, neighborhood gatherings)
- Collaborates with community partners to improve health in a community (e.g., participates in committees, shares data and information, connects people to resources)
- Engages community members (e.g., focus groups, talking circles, formal meetings, key informant interviews) to improve health in the community.
- Contributes to development of a vision for a healthy community (e.g., emphasis on prevention, health equity for all, excellence and innovation).
How to Apply
Interested candidates will apply by completing the Medina County Health Department Employment Application located on our website at www.medinahealth.org and returning it along with their cover letter and resume to Medina County Health Department, Attn: Human Resources, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256 or to HR@medinahealth.org no later than 4:30 pm, August 16, 2021. EOE.